Registration will take place ONLY Monday through Thursday 9-11 am beginning JANUARY 27, 2020.
Registration will begin January 27, 2020, for the 2020-2021 School year
The School District of Philadelphia’s Kindergarten Registration process for the 2019-2020 school year will be open from Monday thru Thursday beginning from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. For more information, please visit:
2019-2020 Registration Information:
Parents/Guardians registration is available Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Please bring the following documents for registration:
- Parent/Legal Guardian must provide photo Identification (examples: Current PA Drivers License/Non-Drivers License or valid Federal, State or Municipal employment identification, Passport).
- Proof of Residency (examples: Deed, Original Rental Agreement/Lease (must be typed, signed by all parties and notarized), Current Voter Registration Card, Current Utility Bill, (e.g. PECO, PGW), Foster care and DHS letters are also acceptable for registration when student is in the care of a Foster/child care agency.
- Proof of your child’s age. Acceptable proof includes birth, baptismal or other religious certificates, a passport or immigration documents.
- Your child’s Health Appraisal Forms and immunization records showing proof of the following inoculations: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German measles), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (chickenpox).
- Your child’s most recent report card and any other useful information (IEP, etc.) from the child’s former school or school district.
Main Office Hours: M-F 9-11:30, 12:30-3:00. The office will be CLOSED from 11:30-12:30.
There will be no early dismissals from 11:30- 12:30 PM AND after 2 PM (PER SDP Policy).
2020 Parent & Guardian Survey
“Your Child. Your Voice. Shape Your School!”
Rhawnhurst families, we are excited to announce that the 2020 Parent & Guardian Survey is now available for you to share your input. The survey is designed to find out what you think about Rhawnhurst School.
We encourage you to take the survey for EACH of your children. The following incentives are being offered to boost participation in the completion of the survey:
★ The class with most parents/guardians completing the survey will receive a Popcorn & Movie Party.
★ Each student who has a parent complete the survey will receive $10 in Wildcats Cash!
How to complete the survey:
1. Go to the following website:
(Note: You must log into the Parent Portal in order complete the survey. A sheet is attached with the steps needed to set up your Parent Portal)
2. Click the blue box: “Take the District-wide Parent & Guardian Survey”
3. Send in a note indicating that you completed the survey and we will verify your completion.
Parent & Family Portal
The School District of Philadelphia’s Parent & Family Portal gives you access to valuable information about your child’s education and school. Click below to learn more:
Rhawnhust School Handbook
The Rhawnhurst Elementary School Handbook sets forth general guidelines for parents/guardians and students enrolled at Rhawnhurst Elementary School. Rhawnhurst school guidelines will be available for you to view at any time. A copy of this handbook will be available in the office and will be updated regularly.
Bell/ Operating Schedule
Period 1 8:25-9:00
Period 2 9:00-9:45
Period 3 9:45-10:30
Period 4 10:30-11:15
Period 5 11:15-12:00
Period 6 12:00-12:45
Period 7 12:45-1:30
Period 8 1:30-2:15
Period 9 2:15-3:04
LOGIN to the Parent Portal:
Pretzels will be available to purchase for .50. The money is due no later than Tuesday the day before pretzel day. Please click on the News and Events page to view the Pretzel Day schedule.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in the School District of Philadelphia! All adults wishing to volunteer in a public school will need to complete the Volunteer Packet – five documents that are made up of state-required clearances, a Volunteer Code of Conduct, and a Certificate of Volunteer Orientation Completion. Click here to begin the process or use the link below: